The healthcare (HITECH) portion of the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) identifies requirements for "Meaningful Use" of an EHR by both hospitals and physician offices. The goals of Meaningful Use are to:
- Improve quality, safety, efficiency and reduce health disparities
- Engage patients and families
- Improve care coordination
- Improve population and public health
- Ensure adequate privacy and security protections for personal health information
The federal government specifies concrete objectives that a hospital or physician's office must meet in 2014 and years beyond in order to qualify for financial incentives and the penalties incurred for failure to comply with those requirements.
Click to view those systems that have been certified for Meaningful Use
Click to learn more about Meaningful Use
Our mission is to simplify the challenges of Meaningful Use by providing healthcare IT support and help you fulfill not only the letter but the spirit of the law, to become a high-performance clinical organization.